Mulungu Aboriginal Corporation Primary Health Care Service
Mulungu Aboriginal Corporation Primary Health Services is a community-controlled organisation that delivers primary health and wellbeing services to the communities of Mareeba and its surrounding districts, including Atherton.
As a community-controlled organisation, Mulungu Aboriginal Corporation is accountable to its members for the delivery of services.
As a member you can have a say in who is elected to the Board of Directors and their accountability in the delivery of services to improve the health and wellbeing of the local community.
Any person who is at least 18 years of age. An Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island person who lives in the Mareeba Town and district, including Dimbulah, Biboohra, Mount Molloy and Chillagoe and has lived there for 6 months or more.
If you fit the criteria all you need to do is complete a membership form and abide by our Constitution.
At the next meeting of the board, your application will be consider and you will be advised in writing of your acceptance.
As a member, you can:
- Attend, speak & vote at annual & special general meetings.
- Be elected to the board of directors.
- Put forward & vote on resolutions.
- Ask the board to call a general meeting.
- A member resigns in writing.
- A member dies.
- A member moves away from Mareeba town and district—including Dimbulah, Biboohra, Mount Molly and Chillagoe—for more than 6 months .
- If a member can’t be contacted for 2 years or they misbehave, the member can be revoked by special resolution at a general meeting.